UCR has closed its campus through June but that may be extended. Also, there is no guarantee that this “shelter in place” won’t be extended past June, so we decided to error on the safe side to keep our members safe and start up again in September.
Virtual Skills Training Series: We all want to stay in touch, so we’ve developed a series of monthly virtual skills training for now through August. Planned workshops, starting in January 2021, include Xandy Peters and Ann Budd.
May Meeting 2020
The virtual program will be ‘How to sew or crochet our charity knitted blocks together to make a blanket’. Plan on making a couple of knitted blocks. Block of the Month patterns are available on this website by selecting the ‘Block of the Month’ Category drop down at the bottom of the web page to filter the posts. Other supplies needed: crochet hook (size to match yarn weight), yarn needle, scissors, extra yarn.
June Meeting 2020
The virtual program will be ‘Making a magic yarn ball’. Learn invisible joins to use up your scrap yarn. Look through your stash and gather all your bits and pieces of yarn and we’ll show you how to join them into one big ball. Similar weight yarns work best. Also needed, tapestry needle (sharp point, big eye) and scissors
July Meeting 2020 To be determined
August Meeting 2020 To be determined
Upcoming Programs Topics – Starting September 2020. Dates to be determined
- Knitting in the Round – Learn to use double point needles / 2 circulars
- Make your own dryer balls – Upcycling wool sweaters?
- December Block Party – show the knitted charity blocks you have put together
- December Challenge project reveal – What did you make with your magic yarn ball?
Programs for 2021
- Xandy Peters – workshop – Stacked Stitches / Fox Paws (potentially Jan. 2021)
- Sampler bag – it’s all about the finishes! This is a two-part class in which you will learn or refresh your finishing skills. This skills class will help you learn ten different techniques while completing a cute little bag. We will provide a sheet for materials and homework.
- Knitting both directions
- Ann Budd – workshop – Shadow Knitting / Make Mittens (potentially April 2021)