The design by Keri McGraw was chosen by the members to be the new logo for the Guild.
- Janet Dyer collects child size knitted hats for Sebastian’s Project, based on the book Sebastian’s wish. She distributed 7000 hats in 2018. Hats must be machine washable and can be any child’s pattern and nay color. Bright and patriotic colors are most popular. She need at least 500 hats for distribution in 2019.
- Raquel Harris collects member’s knitted squares for donation to several charities – Shelter from the Storm, Lucy Curcie Cancer Center, and more. See the samples below.
- Jan Lee collects Twiddlemuffs but do not need additional donations at this time.
- Jan Lee collects shawls for Umbrella Ministries. They give shawls to women who have lost a child. The free Ravelry pattern for these shawls is Herb Garden Shawl by Nettie DiLorenzo.
Show and Share:
The program, Knitting Events and Adventures, was presented by Jan Runkel. Linda Bohlinger presented a talk about Knitting Cruises. Jan discussed options for knitters to pursue:
XRX – Knitting Universe – Stitches – https:www.knittinguniverse.com/stitches/
– Stitches United / Camp Stitches
– Stitches Midwest, Salt Lake City, SoCal, West
Vogue Knitting Live – https://vogueknittinglive.com/portal
– Columbus, New York, Seattle, San Francisco / Vogue Knitting Destinations
Interweave Yarn Fest – https://interweaveyarnfest.com/Events.aspx
Knit for Fun Retreats – https://annbuddknits.com/classes/retreats/retreats-2019-la-jolla/
Madrona Fiber Arts – Tacoma, Washington
Estes Park Wool Festival – www.estesparkeventscomplex.com/wool-market.html
Rhinebeck, NY Wool and Sheep Festival – www.sheepandwool.com
Craft Cruises.com – www.craftcruises.com
– Designers: Barry Klein, Cat Bordhi, Nicky Epstein, Maggi Jackson
– Great Yarns – www.greatyarnsatsea.com
– Got Yarn – www.gotyarn.com Jane Slicer-Smith
– Maker + Stitch – makerandstitch.com/collections/retreats
– 123 Farms
– Vista Fiber Arts Fiesta – http://vistafiberartsfiesta.yolasite.com/
– Black Sheep Fiber Festival – http://www.blacksheepgathering.org/
– Taos Wool Festival – http://taoswoolfestival.org/
– Michigan Fiber Fest – https://www.michiganfiberfestival.info/
– String Along