The following workshops updates for 2018/2019 were announced:
- Adventures in Crazy Lace by Myra Wood has been moved to April 2019.
- Cecilia Campochiaro, author of Sequence Knitting, will be a guest speaker in January 7-8, 2019 and will conduct a 1 1/2 day workshop.
- The Laura Bryant workshop, initially scheduled for April 2019, will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Franklin Habit is also on the list for a workshop to be determined.
The budget was discussed and the dues were increased for the first time in many years to $40.
The stash sale will be in February and the Fashion Show will be in March. Donations for the stash sale can be dropped of at the meeting.
- Completed blankets made from charity squares for Shelter in the Storm and hats were shown.
Designer of the month:
- The Designer of the Month, Melanie Berg, was presented by Linda Bohlinger who met her on a recent knitting cruise. See the separate post of her work.
Projects from our Guild members:
The program for the meeting was a reveal of the Knitting challenge “Keeping it Simple”. The guidelines for articles were:
- Monochromatic – one color family only
- Knit and purl stitches only – NO OTHER STITCHES (except cast on and cast off)
- Increases/Decreases can be used for garment shaping only
- Any type of fiber
- Can include different yarn in the same item
- Item can use any craft, e.g. weaving, knitting, crochet, etc. but must be simple