The following trips are scheduled (see the calendar for more details):
- Idyllwild trip – July 16th
- Alamitos Bay Yarn Company – August 22nd
- Janet Wlodarczak showed the knitted squares that the students of Mt. San Jacinto High School completed. Janet and other Knitting Guild members teach knitting skills to the students on Tuesdays from 10:30 to noon. Volunteers are welcome to join the group.
- Karen Murray assembles the squares into blankets and donates them to several charities – Shelter from the Storm, Lucy Curcie Cancer Center and others.
- Rachel Harris collects and assembles knitted squares from Guild members and donates them to the same charities.
- Barbara Brown collects hats for school aged children.
- Helen Lonte collects preemie hats.
- Ann Leiboh collects donations of snacks and toletries for the USO.
Thank you to the members for donations made to these causes. Patterns for donated items can be found on the Knitting Guild of the Desert Ravelry page and the block of the month for blanket squares on this website.
Jan Runkel distributed a survey from James Cox Knits. Completing the survey qualified each participant to enter a $100 drawing for yarn from James Cox Knits.
Beverly Rowles requested the name or pattern for the shawl pattern below that was shown at the March fashion Show:
Gracie Larsen, co-founder of the Lacy Knitters Guild, passed away at the age of 96.
The meeting program was a comprehensive overview of Ravelry, presented by Andy Berisford. The presentation was emailed to Guild members for reference.
Photos from the July meeting: